Can you watch YouTube TV in South Africa? No, you cannot watch YouTube TV in South Africa unless you use a premium VPN with robust US servers. We recommend ExpressVPN. YouTube TV is a subscription-based streaming service that lets you watch live TV from popular networks and major broadcast sources in Spanish and English. You can enjoy local and national breaking news, live sports, and binge-worthy shows as soon as they air. Moreover, YouTube TV offers almost twice the number of renowned channels as Sling TV and major local channels (including PBS) in most markets.
However, YouTube TV is geo-restricted in South Africa. Therefore, you must use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to spoof your actual location and mask your IP address to trick YouTube TV location servers. Get ExpressVPN now because it offers the best VPN deals and next-generation security features.
How to Watch YouTube TV in South Africa [5 Quick Steps Mar 2024]
Is YouTube TV available in South Africa? No, YouTube TV is not available in South Africa because of the distribution and content regulations. Therefore, you must use a premium VPN to watch YouTube TV in South Africa. Follow these easy steps to get around YouTube TV geo-restriction in South Africa:
- Sign up for the VPN. It is recommended to use ExpressVPN because it has the best VPN deals and top-notch security protocols.
- Download and Install the ExpressVPN application on your streaming device.
- Sign into the application using your credentials and navigate to the servers list.
- Select an optimized and secure US server. We recommend the Dallas server.
- Once successfully connected to the server, visit the YouTube TV website and stream the best shows and movies on YouTube TV in South Africa.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV in South Africa?
You need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in South Africa because it is a geo-blocked streaming service. Can you unblock YouTube TV in South Africa? No, you cannot unblock YouTube TV in South Africa without a VPN because YouTube TV is geo-restricted everywhere outside the United States. If you try to access YouTube TV in South Africa, you will see the following error:
“It looks like you’re outside of the United States. YouTube TV is only available in the United States.”
People residing in South Africa cannot directly stream YouTube TV because of the geo-restriction. So, Can you stream YouTube TV in South Africa? Yes, you can stream YouTube TV in South Africa with a premium VPN. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a path-breaking IT innovation that enables users to change their IP and overcome geo-restriction.
Technically it cloaks your IP and masks it with a non-restricted American IP. It gives the impression that you are accessing the streaming platform from the USA. Therefore, you will need a premium VPN to stream YouTube TV in South Africa. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has the best unblocking capabilities. VPNs can also allow you to watch BBC iPlayer in South Africa, ESPN Plus in South Africa, and Hotstar in South Africa.
Top 3 VPNs to Get YouTube TV in South Africa [Quick Overview Mar 2024]
Is YouTube TV blocked in South Africa? Yes, YouTube TV is blocked in South Africa. However, you can still watch YouTube TV in South Africa with a VPN. Check out these top 3 VPNs to access and unblock YouTube TV in South Africa;
- ExpressVPN: ExpressVPN operates 3,000+ servers in 160 locations across 94 countries, ensuring a comprehensive global presence. Positioned as a premium service, it delivers reliable and fast connections. While slightly pricier, its best package is $6.67/month (savings of 49%, three months are free, and a 30-day money-back guarantee on a 2-year plan) provides a user-friendly interface and emphasizes privacy with features like TrustedServer technology and a strict no-logs policy.
- NordVPN: NordVPN offers an extensive network with 5,000+ servers in 60 countries, providing broad global reach. Competitive pricing including $3.49/month for a 2-year package, especially with long-term plans, makes it popular. Its best packages include user-friendly apps with features like an integrated ad blocker and malware protection, reinforcing its commitment to security.
- Surfshark: Surfshark boasts 3,200+ servers across 65 countries, ensuring global coverage. With competitive pricing including 2.49/month for a 2-year package, it supports unlimited devices on a single account. Its best packages often include extended subscription plans at discounted rates. Unique features like MultiHop and CleanWeb enhance user privacy and security.
3 Top-Rated VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in South Africa [Detailed Overview Mar 2024]
If you are asking “Can I stream YouTube TV in South Africa?” Then the answer is yes. Because with a VPN you can easily stream YouTube TV in South Africa. Here we have listed the details of the best VPNs to watch YouTube TV in South Africa:
ExpressVPN – The most Recommended and Fastest VPN to watch YouTube TV in South Africa
Suppose you want to get YouTube TV in South Africa. In that case, we highly recommend ExpressVPN because it has a 3000+ server network and exceptional unblocking capabilities to bypass the YouTube TV geo-restriction. Lastly, it has best-in-class encryption to safeguard your identity and digital footprint. Therefore, it is one of the best VPNs to stream YouTube TV in South Africa.
Moreover, it has a Media Streamer feature which is immensely beneficial for watching geo-restricted content on multiple devices. It is one of the few VPNs with a strict no-log policy, lightning-fast speed, and no DNS and IP leaks. It has excellent connectivity, industry-leading features, and a 30-day refund policy. With its yearly subscription, you can purchase ExpressVPN for USD 6.67 and get three months free. ExpressVPN’s servers can let you watch Stan in South Africa and Crave TV in South Africa.
NordVPN – The most Reliable and Reputable VPN to watch YouTube TV in South Africa
NordVPN is one of the most prominent players in the VPN market, with various fast servers across the globe with a solid reputation for the buffer-less streaming experience. In addition, it has next-generation encryption and a strict no-logs policy.
You can simultaneously connect six devices with NordVPN, enabling you to share a single subscription for securely streaming your favorite streaming platforms with your friends and families. In addition, it has optimized US servers to unblock Hulu in South Africa, HBO Max in South Africa, and many more.
You can easily circumnavigate YouTube TV’s geo-restriction with NordVPN’s 5200 servers in 59 countries and exceptional 1970+ servers in the United States. You can purchase NordVPN for USD 3.29/month and save 60% with its 2-yearly subscription. NordVPN is based in Panama, a secure jurisdiction with a dedicated IP address for watching your favorite shows on YouTube TV.
Surfshark – The Most Affordable VPN to watch YouTube TV in South Africa
Surfshark is the most pocket-friendly VPN to watch YouTube TV in South Africa. It has reasonable pricing and is adequate to bypass the geo-restriction of YouTube TV in South Africa. Furthermore, it employs industry-disrupting encryption, has a strict no-logs policy, and will keep you anonymous on the internet. It has over 3200 servers in 65 countries, with 600 optimized servers in 23 US cities.
It is compatible with many streaming devices and has exceptional unblocking capabilities, which enable you to watch American Netflix in South Africa, Disney Plus in South Africa, and many more. Moreover, it also bypasses the Great Firewall of China, which illustrates the promising capabilities of Surfshark. It performed well in the speed test and has a range of fast servers in the United States and globally.
The Unique Selling Point of Surfshark is its competitive price point. You can purchase Surfshark for USD 2.49/month and save 83% with its 2-yearly subscription. In addition, it has an exciting 30-day money-back guarantee. It also has an ad-blocker, and you can enjoy unlimited simultaneous connections on a single Surfshark subscription, along with 24/7 live chat support. Surfshark has the best and most optimized server to watch Peacock TV in South Africa.
How to Sign up for YouTube TV in South Africa?
Is YouTube TV available internationally? No, YouTube TV is not available internationally because of legal compliances. However, you can sign up for YouTube TV in South Africa with the following steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN to mask your local IP address with an American IP address. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a secure US server. We recommend the New York server.
- Go to YouTube TV’s official website and select “Try it Free.”
- Sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have an existing Gmail account, you can create a new US Gmail account to sign up for YouTube TV in South Africa.
- After you have successfully logged in, add a US Zip code. You can find various US zip codes from Google such as 90001.
- Choose your preferred payment method and add your account details.
- Get 14-day free trial of YouTube TV in South Africa. Moreover, you will be charged as per your subscription plan.
How to Subscribe to YouTube TV in South Africa?
You can subscribe to YouTube TV in South Africa with the following methods:
Method 1: How to Pay for YouTube TV in South Africa via Gift Card?
Follow these steps to pay for YouTube TV in South Africa with YouTube TV Gift Cards:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and connect to a reliable US server. We recommend the Dallas server.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and purchase a YouTube TV Gift Card that is equal to the cost of your preferred subscription plan.
- You can buy the gift card through your local PayPal or credit card.
- You will receive an email with the gift card code and a link to use the gift card.
- Go to YouTube TV Gift Card redeeming page and enter the coupon code that you have received via email.
- Select Redeem, add a US Zip code, and you will be redirected to a new YouTube TV profile. You can use 90210 as a US Zip code.
- Congratulations, you have successfully subscribed to YouTube TV in South Africa.
Method 2: How to Subscribe to YouTube TV in South Africa Via US Virtual Prepaid Card?
You can subscribe to YouTube TV in South Africa via Virtual Prepaid Card through the following steps:
- Navigate to the official site of StatesPay.
- Sign up for a virtual credit card account.
- Top up your virtual credit card with your local PayPal.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN to navigate to YouTube TV in South Africa. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Select Sign Up Now > Add your personal details > Select your preferred subscription plan > Add Virtual Credit Card Number > Enter US Zip Code.
- Complete the registration process to watch contemporary content on YouTube TV in South Africa.
Method 3: How can you Pay for YouTube TV in South Africa through PayPal?
Follow these steps to pay for YouTube TV Account in South Africa through PayPal:
- Subscribe and download a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server and Sign Up for PayPal.
- Once your PayPal account is created. Go to YouTube TV’s website.
- Select the Pay with PayPal option when signing Up for YouTube TV.
- Add all your details, create your YouTube TV account, and Pay via Paypal.
How much is YouTube TV in South Africa?
Following is the price of YouTube TV in South Africa:
|YouTube TV Base Plan
|YouTube TV Spanish Plan
|Price in USD
|Price in South African Rands
|Number of Channels
|Number of Account Sharing
Note: If you are a new subscriber of YouTube TV, you will be charged USD 64.99/mo for the initial three months and USD 72.99/mo afterward.
Can I watch YouTube TV in South Africa with a free VPN?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV in South Africa with a free VPN. Still, it is not recommended because free VPNs have inadequate security protocols and cannot bypass the severe geo-restrictions of streaming platforms such as YouTube TV. Moreover, it also exposes the user to the threat of identity theft and revealing all personal information to third parties. It also monitors your online footprint and leverages it for targeted advertisements.
Therefore, using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to unblock YouTube TV in South Africa is highly recommended because it ensures that your identity is protected and successfully bypasses the geo-restrictions.
Compatible Devices with YouTube TV in South Africa
There are various devices that are compatible with YouTube TV in South Africa. We have enlisted the devices along with the comprehensive guide on how to watch YouTube TV on that particular device below:
- Android Devices
- iOS Devices
- FireStick TV
- Amazon Firestick
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
How to watch YouTube TV in South Africa on Android Devices?
- Subscribe to a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has exceptional encryption and bypassing capabilities.
- Download and install the application.
- Sign in with your credentials and connect to an optimized US server.
- Search for the YouTube TV application in Play Store.
- Install and Sign up for a free account to watch your favorite shows on YouTube TV in South Africa.
How to Get YouTube TV in South Africa on iOS Devices?
- Initially change your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open the ExpressVPN application on your iOS device.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Search for the YouTube TV application in the Apple App Store.
- Install the application and log in with your credentials to watch YouTube TV in South Africa.
Can I Get YouTube TV in South Africa on Roku?
Yes, you can get YouTube TV in South Africa on Roku, first follow these steps to get YouTube on Roku.
- Download and Install ExpressVPN application and configure it with your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your Roku device and select YouTube TV South Africa on the Roku home screen.
- Now watch your favorite shows and live content on YouTube TV in South Africa.
How to Stream YouTube TV South Africa on PS3/PS4?
- Navigate to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of available alternatives, search for YouTube TV.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down list.
- YouTube TV has now been added to your My Channels list.
- Watch your favorite content on YouTube TV in South Africa.
How to unblock YouTube TV in South Africa on Xbox?
- From the Xbox menu, Select My Games and Apps.
- Search for YouTube TV in the Xbox Store.
- Click the Install button and watch your favorite content on YouTube TV in South Africa.
How to watch YouTube TV in South Africa on Kodi?
- Subscribe to a VPN that has exceptional bandwidth and is compatible with YouTube TV. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to the VPN.
- Download the VPN application on your computer, save it to a portable hard drive, and then plug it into the Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons.
- Now navigate to Unknown sources.
- Install the VPN application on the Kodi device. Connect to an optimized US server.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by switching on your TV.
- Install the YouTube TV add-on on Kodi and stream your favorite content on YouTube TV in South Africa.
How to Get YouTube TV in South Africa on Fire Stick?
- Launch your Fire Stick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download the ExpressVPN application.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Search for YouTube TV and press enter.
- The YouTube TV application for Fire Stick will appear in the search results.
- The application will be downloaded after you click ‘Get’.
- After the YouTube TV application has been installed, launch it and log in with your credentials.
- Watch your favorite shows on YouTube TV in South Africa.
How to watch YouTube TV in South Africa on Apple TV?
- Subscribe to a VPN service that has a Smart DNS feature. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s setting menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Navigate to DNS configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by manually entering the DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the YouTube TV application and watch your favorite shows on YouTube TV in South Africa.
How to Install YouTube TV in South Africa on Smart TV?
- Download and install a premium VPN with exceptional unblocking capabilities. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the YouTube TV application on your smart TV and create a free account to stream your favorite shows on YouTube TV in South Africa.
How to watch YouTube TV in South Africa on PC?
- On your desktop, download and install a premium VPN with exceptional encryption. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Go to the YouTube TV website and sign up for an account or log in if you already have an account.
- If you are still unable to watch YouTube TV in South Africa, delete your cache and cookies and login again to watch your favorite content.
What are the Alternatives to YouTube TV in South Africa?
Following are the alternatives to YouTube TV in South Africa:
- Hulu with Live TV
- BeIN Sports
- DirecTV Now
What to watch on Youtube TV in South Africa?
Currently, YouTube TV has over 73 channels available on its basic subscription. You can upgrade your subscription and watch 81 channels for a small fee.
Following is the YouTube TV Channel List in South Africa:
YouTube TV Channels in South Africa:
Here are the channels you can stream on YouTube TV in South Africa
- FOX News
- FOX Sport 1 (FS1)
- Fox Business
- Comedy Central
- Con TV
- Comet TV
- Court TV
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD
- Disney Junior
- NFL Network
- Law & Crime
- MTV 2
- Animal Planet
- Food Network
- Cheddar News
- Cartoon Network/Adult Swim
- BBC World News
- Paramount Network
- Investigation Discovery
- Nat Geo
- NBC Universo
- NBA TV
- MLB Game of the Week
Moreover, you can also watch classic and original TV shows and movies on YouTube TV in South Africa. We have enlisted the best TV Shows and movies below:
Best YouTube TV Movies:
- Creep Show
- Ready Player One
- Patients of a Saint
- Expedition Unknown
- Top Gun: Maverick
- Jeepers Creepers: Reborn
- Bullet Train
Best YouTube TV Shows:
- Rick and Morty
- Cobra Kai
- SEAL team
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Big Brother
- In the Dark
- Better Call Saul
Other Countries to Watch YouTube TV in
Is YouTube TV restricted in South Africa? Yes, YouTube TV is restricted in South Africa and you will need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in South Africa. Also, you will need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in the below-mentioned countries;
Can I watch Emmy Awards Online on YouTube TV in South Africa?
Emmy Awards are an unprecedented and most-awaited award show in television history. You can stream this thrilling award ceremony with Foxtel, which is available on YouTube TV.
Does YouTube TV work in South Africa?
No, YouTube TV doesn’t work in South Africa unless you use a premium VPN because it is geo-restricted outside the USA due to licensing and copyright policies.
How to cancel my YouTube TV subscription?
Follow these steps to cancel your YouTube TV subscription.
- Open YouTube TV App or Website.
- Navigate to the Settings Tab.
- Click on your Membership details.
- Click Cancel to Cancel your YouTube TV Subscription.
You can stream YouTube Tv in South Africa on how many devices?
You can access YouTube Tv on 3 devices simultaneously.
Can you unblock YouTube TV in South Africa?
Yes, you can unblock YouTube TV in South Africa but only with a VPN.
Does YouTube TV stream at 4K?
You can watch YouTube TV material in 4K streaming, yes. However, YouTube TV’s new add-on also enables viewers to download several programmes and stream them offline in addition to the 4K programming.
Will YouTube TV buffer if I use a VPN?
Depending on the VPN service you choose. You won’t experience any buffering and will be secure from server overload if you use the best YouTube TV VPN with numerous US servers.
Is using a VPN for YouTube TV legal?
Yes, it is entirely legal to use a VPN to view YouTube TV.
How to cancel a YouTube TV subscription in South Africa?
Here is how you can cancel YouTube TV subscription in South Africa:
Subscribe to ExpressVPN> Connect to US server > Visit YouTube TV > Profile picture > Settings Membership > Manage > Cancel Membership > Cancel.
What is the downside of YouTube TV in South Africa?
The cost of YouTube TV South Africa and the lack of coverage of Regional Sports Network are the biggest drawbacks. When you have an internet problem, you must also put up with obnoxious commercials during live TV and quality restrictions.
What is the difference between YouTube TV and YouTube premium South Africa?
In South Africa, YouTube TV premium is now accessible as an upgrade to the site’s standard user-generated content and ad-supported model. The only live TV service that is offered outside of the United States is YouTube TV.
What are some other best streaming services in South Africa in 2023?
Here are a few of the streaming options in South Africa:
- Amazon DTSV
- Gmail Play
- Video on Amazon Prime
- Apple TV+
- Video Play by Vodacom
Can I share a YouTube TV account in South Africa?
Yes, if you have a YouTube TV subscription, you may set up a family group to share your subscription for free with up to five people. You can invite family members who are 13 years old or older to join your family group as the family manager.
Why is YouTube TV not working on my Smart TV in South Africa?
We advise that you always upgrade your device’s operating system. You can make sure you have the most recent version of the YouTube TV app by doing this. You can try deleting and reinstalling the app if you’re experiencing issues with it.
There is no doubt that YouTube TV is a delight for all the cord-cutters and binge-watchers who want to watch their on-demand favorite shows in one place. Hopefully, the above guide should help you access YouTube TV in South Africa, but if you encounter any other issues not discussed in the guide, feel free to comment below.
Although YouTube TV is geo-restricted outside the USA, you can stream YouTube TV in South Africa with the help of a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.