Can you watch YouTube TV in Australia? No, you cannot watch YouTube TV in Australia unless you use a premium VPN with robust US servers. We recommend ExpressVPN.
YouTube TV is a subscription-based streaming service that lets you watch live TV from popular networks and major broadcast sources in Spanish and English. You can enjoy local and national breaking news, live sports, and binge-worthy shows as soon as they air. Moreover, YouTube TV offers almost twice the number of renowned channels as Sling TV and major local channels (including PBS) in most markets.
However, YouTube TV is geo-restricted in Australia. Therefore, you must use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to spoof your actual location and mask your IP address to trick YouTube TV location servers. Get ExpressVPN now because it offers the best VPN deals and next-generation security features.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Australia [5 Step Guide in Feb 2024]
Is YouTube TV available in Australia? No, YouTube TV is not available in Australia because of the distribution and content regulations. Therefore, you must use a premium VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia. Follow these easy steps to get around YouTube TV geo-restriction in Australia:
- Sign up for the VPN. It is recommended to use ExpressVPN because it has the best VPN deals and top-notch security protocols.
- Download and Install the ExpressVPN application on your streaming device.
- Sign into the application using your credentials and navigate to the servers list.
- Select an optimized and secure US server. We recommend the Dallas server.
- Once successfully connected to the server, visit the YouTube TV website and stream the best shows and movies on YouTube TV in Australia.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Australia
You need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia because it is a geo-blocked streaming service. Can you unblock YouTube TV in Australia? No, you cannot unblock YouTube TV in Australia without a VPN because YouTube TV is geo-restricted everywhere outside the United States. If you try to access YouTube TV in Australia, you will see the following error:
“It looks like you’re outside of the United States. YouTube TV is only available in the United States.”
People residing outside the USA cannot directly stream YouTube TV because of the geo-restriction. So, Can you stream YouTube TV in Australia? Yes, you can stream YouTube TV in Australia with a premium VPN. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a path-breaking IT innovation that enables users to change their IP and overcome geo-restriction.
Technically it cloaks your IP and masks it with a non-restricted American IP. It gives the impression that you are accessing the streaming platform from the USA. Therefore, you will need a premium VPN to stream YouTube TV in Australia. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has the best unblocking capabilities. You can also watch Paramount Plus in Australia, Sky Sports in Australia, Sling TV in Australia, Vudu in Australia, and Fox Sports in Australia easily with a VPN.
Top 3 VPNs to Get YouTube TV in Australia [Quick Overview Feb 2024]
Is YouTube TV blocked in Australia? Yes, YouTube TV is blocked in Australia. However, you can still watch YouTube TV in Australia with a VPN. Check out these 3 VPNs to access and unblock YouTube TV in Australia;
- ExpressVPN: It is the best and most recommended VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia. It has high-speed servers that connect quickly and provide a buffer-less streaming experience. Furthermore, it has a range of secure and optimized American servers so that you can easily bypass the geo-restriction of YouTube TV. In addition, it offers 24/7 customer support, threat manager, Lightway protocol, Trusted Server Technology, private DNS, and best-in-class encryption.
- NordVPN: It has the most expansive server network of almost 25 servers in the USA. It has excellent unblocking capabilities to circumnavigate the geo-restriction of YouTube TV in Australia. It has industry-leading features such as an Automatic Kill Switch, DNS leak protection, top-notch encryption, and Browser Proxy extension. Moreover, NordVPNs excellent bandwidth enables you to stream your favorite content on YouTube TV in Australia in Ultra HD.
- Surfshark: It is a user-friendly and cost-effective VPN. You can easily get YouTube TV in Australia with Surfshark’s optimized servers. It has over 3200 servers across 60 countries, among which 23 are highly optimized US servers. In addition, it offers leak protection, private DNS, NoBorder mode, and a Strict no-log policy. You can buy Surfshark at $2.49 per month with its 2-year subscription.
3 Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Australia [Editor’s Choice Feb 2024]
If you are asking “Can I stream YouTube TV in Australia?” Then the answer is yes. Because with a VPN you can easily stream YouTube TV in Australia. Here we have listed the details of the best VPNs to watch YouTube TV in Australia.
ExpressVPN – The most Recommended and Fastest VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia
Suppose you want to get YouTube TV in Australia. In that case, we highly recommend ExpressVPN because it has a 3000+ server network and exceptional unblocking capabilities to bypass the YouTube TV geo-restriction. Lastly, it has best-in-class encryption to safeguard your identity and digital footprint. Therefore, it is one of the best VPNs to stream YouTube TV in Australia.
Moreover, it has a Media Streamer feature which is immensely beneficial for watching geo-restricted content on multiple devices. It is one of the few VPNs with a strict no-log policy, lightning-fast speed, and no DNS and IP leaks. It has excellent connectivity, industry-leading features, and a 30-day refund policy. With its yearly subscription, you can purchase ExpressVPN for AUD 10.10 and get three months free.
NordVPN – The most Reliable and Reputable VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia
NordVPN is one of the most prominent players in the VPN market, with various fast servers across the globe with a solid reputation for the buffer-less streaming experience. In addition, it has next-generation encryption and a strict no-logs policy.
You can simultaneously connect six devices with NordVPN, enabling you to share a single subscription for securely streaming your favorite streaming platforms with your friends and families. In addition, it has optimized US servers to unblock Hulu in Australia, HBO Max in Australia, and many more.
You can easily circumnavigate YouTube TV’s geo-restriction with NordVPN’s 5200 servers in 59 countries and exceptional 1970+ servers in the United States. You can purchase NordVPN for AUD 4.98/month and save 60% with its 2-year subscription. NordVPN is based in Panama, a secure jurisdiction with a dedicated IP address for watching your favorite shows on YouTube TV. NordVPN’s streaming servers can easily unblock DStv in Australia, beIN Sports in Australia, Peacock TV in Australia, and SonyLIV in Australia.
Surfshark – The Most Affordable VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia
Surfshark is the most pocket-friendly VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia. It has reasonable pricing and is adequate to bypass the geo-restriction of YouTube TV in Australia. Furthermore, it employs industry-disrupting encryption, has a strict no-logs policy, and will keep you anonymous on the internet. It has over 3200 servers in 65 countries, with 600 optimized servers in 23 US cities.
It is compatible with many streaming devices and has exceptional unblocking capabilities, which enable you to watch American Netflix in Australia, Disney Plus in Australia, and many more. Moreover, it also bypasses the Great Firewall of China, which illustrates the promising capabilities of Surfshark. It performed well in the speed test and has a range of fast servers in the United States and globally.
The Unique Selling Point of Surfshark is its competitive price point. You can purchase Surfshark for AUD 3.77/month and save 83% with its 2-year subscription. In addition, it has an exciting 30-day money-back guarantee. It also has an ad-blocker, and you can enjoy unlimited simultaneous connections on a single Surfshark subscription, along with 24/7 live chat support. With Surfshark you can also watch Hulu in Australia, HBO Max in Australia, Voot in Australia, CBS All Access in Australia, and Discovery Plus in Australia.
How to Sign up for YouTube TV in Australia?
Is YouTube TV available internationally? No, YouTube TV is not available internationally because of legal compliances. However, you can sign up for YouTube TV in Australia with the following steps:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN to mask your local IP address with an American IP address. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a secure US server. We recommend the New York server.
- Go to YouTube TV’s official website and select “Try it Free.”
- Sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have an existing Gmail account, you can create a new US Gmail account to sign up for YouTube TV in Australia.
- After you have successfully logged in, add a US Zip code. You can find various US zip codes from Google such as 90001.
- Choose your preferred payment method and add your account details.
- Get a 14-day free trial of YouTube TV in Australia. Moreover, you will be charged as per your subscription plan.
How to Subscribe to YouTube TV in Australia?
You can subscribe to YouTube TV in Australia with the following methods:
Method 1: How to Pay for YouTube TV in Australia via Gift Card?
Follow these steps to pay for YouTube TV in Australia with YouTube TV Gift Cards:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and connect to a reliable US server. We recommend the Dallas server.
- Go to MyGiftCardSupply and purchase a YouTube TV Gift Card that is equal to the cost of your preferred subscription plan.
- You can buy the gift card through your local PayPal or credit card.
- You will receive an email with the gift card code and a link to use the gift card.
- Go to YouTube TV Gift Card redeeming page and enter the coupon code that you have received via email.
- Select Redeem, add a US Zip code, and you will be redirected to a new YouTube TV profile. You can use 90210 as a US Zip code.
- Congratulations, you have successfully subscribed to YouTube TV in Australia.
Method 2: How to Subscribe to YouTube TV in Australia Via US Virtual Prepaid Card?
You can subscribe to YouTube TV in Australia via Virtual Prepaid Card through the following steps:
- Navigate to the official site of StatesPay.
- Sign up for a virtual credit card account.
- Top up your virtual credit card with your local PayPal.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN to navigate to YouTube TV in Australia. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Select Sign Up Now > Add your details > Select your preferred subscription plan > Add Virtual Credit Card Number > Enter US Zip Code.
- Complete the registration process to watch contemporary content on YouTube TV in Australia.
Method 3: How can you Pay for YouTube TV in Australia through PayPal?
Follow these steps to pay for YouTube TV Account in Australia through PayPal:
- Subscribe and download a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server and Sign Up for PayPal.
- Once your PayPal account is created. Go to YouTube TV’s website.
- Select the Pay with PayPal option when signing Up for YouTube TV.
- Add all your details, create your YouTube TV account, and Pay via Paypal.
How the VPN Works to Unblock YouTube TV?
In essence, the VPN changes your IP address from one that is Australian to one that is American. This is accomplished by first diverting your online browsing to a US server (or any other nation you’re attempting to connect to).
When you arrive, the server, which already has a US IP address, displays the search results for US citizens. And there is how to watch YouTube TV Australia online.
How We Chose The Best VPN For YouTube TV in Australia?
- To unblock YouTube TV in Australia in whatever location you choose, the VPN should have a sizable server network with several servers in the United States.
- Fast connections allow you to stream HD movies and YouTube Live TV without any lag or buffering.
provides at least 5 simultaneous connections, allowing you to stream content to numerous devices at once.
- It enables customers to test the service risk-free with YouTube TV and other streaming services by providing a 30-day or longer return period.
- It provides apps for streaming devices that are powered by iOS, Windows, macOS, and Android.
- It provides round-the-clock live chat support so that you may obtain assistance if you’re having trouble using YouTube TV in Australia.
Can I get an NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube TV?
Yes, the NFL Sunday Ticket 2023 has a new hub on YouTube TV. You’ll be able to watch games once the NFL regular season begins in September 2023.
Are YouTube TV and YouTube Premium the Same?
There is no overlap between YouTube TV and YouTube Premium. While YouTube Premium offers an ad-free and background playback experience for YouTube and YouTube Music as well as the option to view content offline, YouTube TV gives access to well-known cable networks and live TV streaming.
What is YouTube TV?
A subscription-based streaming television service called YouTube TV is provided by YouTube, a Google subsidiary. Similar to typical cable or satellite television providers, it offers online access to a large selection of live TV channels.
How much is YouTube TV in Australia?
Following is the price of YouTube TV in Australia:
|YouTube TV Base Plan
|YouTube TV Spanish Plan
|Price in USD
|Price in AUD
|Number of Channels
|Number of Account Sharing
Note: If you are a new subscriber of YouTube TV, you will be charged USD 64.99/mo for the initial three months and USD 72.99/mo afterward.
Can you watch YouTube TV in Australia with a free VPN?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV in Australia with a free VPN. Still, it is not recommended because free VPNs have inadequate security protocols and cannot bypass the severe geo-restrictions of streaming platforms such as YouTube TV. Moreover, it also exposes the user to the threat of identity theft and revealing all personal information to third parties. It also monitors your online footprint and leverages it for targeted advertisements.
Therefore, using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to unblock YouTube TV in Australia is highly recommended because it ensures that your identity is protected and successfully bypasses the geo-restrictions.
Compatible Devices with YouTube TV in Australia
Various devices are compatible with YouTube TV in Australia. We have enlisted the devices along with the comprehensive guide on how to watch YouTube TV on that particular device below:
- Android Devices
- iOS Devices
- FireStick TV
- Amazon Firestick
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
How to watch YouTube TV in Australia on Android Devices?
- Subscribe to a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN because it has exceptional encryption and bypassing capabilities.
- Download and install the application.
- Sign in with your credentials and connect to an optimized US server.
- Search for the YouTube TV application in the Play Store.
- Install and Sign up for a free account to watch your favorite shows on YouTube TV in Australia.
How to Get YouTube TV in Australia on iOS Devices?
- Initially change your Apple ID region to the United States in Settings > Network.
- Open the ExpressVPN application on your iOS device.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Search for the YouTube TV application in the Apple App Store.
- Install the application and log in with your credentials to watch YouTube TV in Australia.
Can I Get YouTube TV in Australia on Roku?
Yes, you can get YouTube TV in Australia on Roku, first follow these steps to get YouTube on Roku.
- Download and Install ExpressVPN application and configure it with your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your Roku device and select YouTube TV Australia on the Roku home screen.
- Now watch your favorite shows and live content on YouTube TV in Australia.
How to Stream YouTube TV Australia on PS3/PS4?
- Navigate to the category of TV/Video Services.
- From the list of available alternatives, search for YouTube TV.
- Select “Get” from the drop-down list.
- YouTube TV has now been added to your My Channels list.
- Watch your favorite content on YouTube TV in Australia.
How to unblock YouTube TV in Australia on Xbox?
- From the Xbox menu, Select My Games and Apps.
- Search for YouTube TV in the Xbox Store.
- Click the Install button and watch your favorite content on YouTube TV in Australia.
How to watch YouTube TV in Australia on Kodi?
- Subscribe to a VPN that has exceptional bandwidth and is compatible with YouTube TV. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect your Kodi device to the VPN.
- Download the VPN application on your computer, save it to a portable hard drive, and then plug it into the Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, go to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons.
- Now navigate to Unknown sources.
- Install the VPN application on the Kodi device. Connect to an optimized US server.
- Go to Kodi’s home screen by switching on your TV.
- Install the YouTube TV add-on on Kodi and stream your favorite content on YouTube TV in Australia.
How to Get YouTube TV in Australia on Fire Stick?
- Launch your Fire Stick and go to Search.
- Switch to unknown sources and download the ExpressVPN application.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Search for YouTube TV and press enter.
- The YouTube TV application for Fire Stick will appear in the search results.
- The application will be downloaded after you click ‘Get’.
- After the YouTube TV application has been installed, launch it and log in with your credentials.
- Watch your favorite shows on YouTube TV in Australia.
How to watch YouTube TV in Australia on Apple TV?
- Subscribe to a VPN service that has a Smart DNS feature. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Find your smart DNS addresses, then go to your Apple TV’s setting menu and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the network by pressing the Wi-Fi button.
- Navigate to DNS configuration and choose Manual Configuration.
- Connect your Apple TV to a US server by manually entering the DNS address and restarting it.
- On your Apple TV, download and install the YouTube TV application and watch your favorite shows on YouTube TV in Australia.
How to Install YouTube TV in Australia on Smart TV?
- Download and install a premium VPN with exceptional unblocking capabilities. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the YouTube TV application on your smart TV and create a free account to stream your favorite shows on YouTube TV in Australia.
How to watch YouTube TV in Australia on PC?
- On your desktop, download and install a premium VPN with exceptional encryption. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to an optimized US server.
- Go to the YouTube TV website and sign up for an account or log in if you already have an account.
- If you are still unable to watch YouTube TV in Australia, delete your cache and cookies and login again to watch your favorite content.
What are the Alternatives to YouTube TV in Australia?
Following are the alternatives to YouTube TV in Australia:
- Hulu with Live TV
- BeIN Sports
- DirecTV Now
What to watch on YouTube TV in Australia?
Currently, YouTube TV has over 73 channels available on its basic subscription. You can upgrade your subscription and watch 81 channels for a small fee.
Following is the YouTube TV Channel List in Australia:
YouTube TV Channels in Australia:
- FOX News
- FOX Sport 1 (FS1)
- Fox Business
- Comedy Central
- Con TV
- Comet TV
- Court TV
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD
- Disney Junior
- NFL Network
- Law & Crime
- MTV 2
- Animal Planet
- Food Network
- Cheddar News
- Cartoon Network/Adult Swim
- BBC World News
- Paramount Network
- Investigation Discovery
- Nat Geo
- NBC Universo
- NBA TV
- MLB Game of the Week
Moreover, you can also watch classic and original TV shows and movies on YouTube TV in Australia. We have enlisted the best TV Shows and movies below:
Best YouTube TV Movies:
- Creep Show
- Ready Player One
- Patients of a Saint
- Expedition Unknown
- Top Gun: Maverick
- Jeepers Creepers: Reborn
- Bullet Train
Best YouTube TV Shows:
- Rick and Morty
- Cobra Kai
- SEAL team
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Big Brother
- In the Dark
- Better Call Saul
Other Countries to Watch YouTube TV in
Is YouTube TV restricted in Australia? Yes, YouTube TV is restricted in Australia and you will need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia. Also, you will need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in the below-mentioned countries;
Can I watch Emmy Awards Online on YouTube TV in Australia?
Emmy Awards are an unprecedented and most-awaited award show in television history. You can stream this thrilling award ceremony with Foxtel, which is available on YouTube TV.
Does YouTube TV work in Australia?
No, YouTube TV doesn’t work in Australia unless you use a premium VPN because it is geo-restricted outside the USA due to licensing and copyright policies.
How much is YouTube premium in Australia?
YouTube Premium subscription costs $22.99/month.
How to cancel my YouTube TV subscription?
Follow these steps to cancel your YouTube TV subscription.
- Open the YouTube TV App or Website.
- Navigate to the Settings Tab.
- Click on your Membership details.
- Click Cancel to Cancel your YouTube TV Subscription.
You can stream YouTube TV in Australia on how many devices?
You can access YouTube TV on 3 devices simultaneously.
Why Can’t I watch YouTube TV in Australia?
You can’t watch YouTube TV in Australia because it is geo-restricted everywhere outside the United States.
Does YouTube TV work outside the US?
Using VPN services like ExpressVPN and NordVPN, which disguise your local IP as a US IP, YouTube TV does indeed function outside of the US. The majority of US streaming services are now only accessible within the US without a VPN.
In what countries is YouTube TV available?
At this time, solely in the United States. Although nothing is official, there is considerable suspicion that Google would expand YouTube TV services outside of America.
Is it possible to watch YouTube TV using a free VPN?
Yes, it is possible to access YouTube TV using a free VPN, but we don’t advise it because free VPNs are unreliable and ineffective at removing geo-restrictions.
Is it Legal to Access YouTube TV with a VPN?
Undoubtedly, using a VPN to stream YouTube TV from Australia is legal. It’s crucial to remember that YouTube TV may attempt to impose restrictions on VPN connections in accordance with its licensing terms.
How many people can watch YouTube TV Simultaneously?
A single account may be used to stream YouTube TV to four persons at once.
Is ESPN Available on YouTube?
Yes, YouTube TV does provide ESPN.
Is there a YouTube TV app?
Yes, YouTube has applications for iOS, Windows, and Android smartphones as well as other streaming devices. Launch the YouTube app on your device first to access YouTube TV. Next, select the menu on the left and scroll to the bottom to find YouTube TV. Launch the app by clicking on YouTube TV to start streaming.
How to buy YouTube TV?
The steps to take in order to sign up for YouTube TV are as follows:
- Make an account on YouTube TV.
- Check and validate where you live (USA).
- Select your add-ons and personalize your membership to suit your needs.
- I’m done! Enjoy viewing now that you have a YouTube TV subscription!
Does YouTube TV offer a 30-day free trial?
Yes, after signing up for one of its plans, users may experience YouTube TV for free for 30 days.
Is there a difference between YouTube and YouTube TV?
Users may view, share, upload, rate, and comment on thousands of videos on YouTube, a platform for video sharing. Even if you are not enrolled, you may still view videos on the devices of your choice without any problem.
Instead, YouTube TV is a high-end live TV and video-on-demand streaming service that lets users watch 80+ channels live on a variety of gadgets like Windows, Android, Smart TVs, Apple TVs, etc.
Why does YouTube TV have commercials?
By displaying its subscriber’s advertisements, YouTube TV hopes to increase its revenue. While viewing live TV and on-demand programming, advertisements will appear. However, you won’t encounter infuriating advertisements when using the YouTube TV app if you have a subscription to YouTube TV.
Are there any discounts for YouTube TV?
Despite the fact that YouTube TV doesn’t provide any subscriber discounts and only sometimes runs YouTube promos, you may pay extra to bundle your monthly subscription with a number of other well-known streaming services, including sports bundles.
Can you record shows on YouTube TV?
On YouTube, you may indeed record concerts. Here’s how to go about it:
- Start up YouTube TV and log in using your credentials.
- Select the show you wish to catch on tape.
- The “+” sign next to the show should be clicked.
- Start recording your favorite shows to watch later.
Can you stream international channels with YouTube TV?
Yes, YouTube TV offers international channels but it depends on your region. If your region is geo-blocked, you can use ExpressVPN.
There is no doubt that YouTube TV is a delight for all the cord-cutters and binge-watchers who want to watch their on-demand favorite shows in one place. Hopefully, the above guide should help you access YouTube TV in Australia, but if you encounter any other issues not discussed in the guide, feel free to comment below.
Although YouTube TV is geo-restricted outside the USA, you can stream YouTube TV in Australia with the help of a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.